Back by Popular Demand — KPSC Family Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood, March 5 & 12
Join Kaiser Permanente Southern California employees and physicians and their family and friends for private Family Fun Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood on March 5 and March 12 from 8 p.m. – midnight. Park entry is permitted starting at 3 p.m.
You’ll have the opportunity to experience the “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” before it opens to the public on April 7. KP is the only organization that has private preview nights scheduled at Universal Studios Hollywood for this exciting and magical new attraction.
You’ll also have exclusive use of all Universal Studios attractions, shows, and entertainment. To order tickets, visit the dedicated Universal Studios Hollywood KPSC Family Nights 2016 website. (URL is https://ushtix.com/scpmg16)
You can also order tickets through InsideKP@Southern California and SCPMG Physician portals (you must be on KP’s network to access).
Before you order, please read these FAQs for important information about tickets, parking, and event details:
1. Who can participate in this event? KPSC current employees, physicians, per diems, retired physicians, and retired employees are welcome to attend the private event at Universal Studios Hollywood with family and friends. (Note: This group includes KPIT, Pharmacy, and Sales/Marketing employees.)
2. How much does it cost KP to host the Universal Studios event? KP is not hosting the private event nights. Those who would like to attend may purchase their own tickets via links to the Universal Studios secure website from the SCPMG Physician or the InsideKP@Southern California portals (you must be on KP’s network to access). Retirees can purchase tickets by calling 888-584-7715.
3. What is the cost? Tickets are $75 per person (adults and children 3 years and older). This price is higher than two years ago due to the new attractions now open at the Park (i.e., “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “Fast and Furious”). This is still a great deal as it is deeply discounted from the regular park admission (currently $95 per person and subject to change without notice), plus it includes all the perks listed below which are not available with regular park admission.
4. What will I get for $75? You will receive a red carpet welcome, including
– Your own KP identification lanyard with customized park map and events schedule
– Exclusive use of attractions, shows, and entertainment
– Unlimited access to rides and shows with few or no waiting lines
– Photos with Universal Studios characters
– Complimentary parking (provided with first event reservation)
– Free photo booths
– Free carnival games
– Access to the Kids Club from 5 – 9 p.m. with free art and craft activities, face painting, balloon artistry, and DJ entertainment
– And more!
5. Where do I purchase tickets? There are links on the SCPMG Physician and InsideKP@Southern California portals to the secure Universal Studios ticketing website or by phone to a dedicated line for KPSC (888-584-7715). Retired physicians and retired employees can purchase tickets by calling the same number (888-584-7715). You will be asked to provide information that confirms you are a KPSC physician or employee or retiree. You will also be asked to provide the names of all ticket-holders. (Note: Proof of identification at the park will only be required for the primary ticket-holders, so guest ticket-holders can change as long as they accompany the KPSC physician, employee, or retiree.
6. Can I use these tickets any time I want? Tickets may only be used on the private event nights: Saturday March 5 or Saturday March 12. You will need to select which night(s) you want to attend when you buy your tickets (online or by phone). Please select your event date carefully, before purchase, as all sales are final. Date exchanges and refunds will not be permitted once tickets are purchased.
7. Can I attend both nights? You can purchase tickets for as many nights as you would like to attend. Keep in mind that complimentary parking is included only with the first purchase of tickets.
8. How does the parking work? A free parking pass for one vehicle is included with your initial purchase. If you need additional parking passes for the same or another private event night, you can pre-purchase parking for a discounted price of $12. You may also purchase parking on-site at the regular price of $15. Important note: Do not order a parking pass unless you and your guests are arriving in more than one vehicle and need another pass. There is also preferred and valet parking you can purchase on your own; however, you cannot apply your complimentary parking towards either of these parking options. You can also reduce your carbon footprint by carpooling.
9. Can I bring a guest? Yes. You may purchase as many private event nights tickets as you would like, for as many of the nights as you would like to attend.
10. What if I have an annual pass? With your annual pass, you are welcome to enjoy Universal Studios at any time before 8 p.m. At 8 p.m., the park will be cleared of regular guests and will be open exclusively for Kaiser Permanente attendees who have purchased tickets in advance for these special event nights. Only KPSC private event ticket holders may stay in the park until midnight.
11. Can I buy an annual pass with this private event ticket? You can purchase a California Resident Annual Pass (168 Available Days) for $139 with the special event admission, or the California Resident PLUS Annual Pass (235 Available Days) for $199 with the special event admission. Please visit www.universalstudioshollywood.com to see the full terms and blackout dates for the annual passes. You must activate your pass by March 12, 2016.
12. Do I have to attend the private event nights? No, you are welcome to come celebrate and join the fun, but it is entirely an individual decision to attend the private event nights.
13. Are there hotel accommodations if I want to stay overnight? Contact the Universal City Sheraton at 818-980-1212 or Hilton at 818-506-2500 to make your own arrangements for a hotel room.
14. Are there any other rules or requirements KP attendees should keep in mind when they attend these private event nights? We want to remind KP employees and physicians who participate in the private event nights that while this event is closed to others after 8 p.m., it is still an activity that is occurring at a public venue. Kaiser Permanente’s expectation is that those who attend (including family and friends) will do so in a way that ensures an enjoyable time by all, and that maintains the reputation and public image of our organization and our people.
Universal Studios allows outside food and beverage of the following nature only: Water bottles (individual size and unopened at time of entrance into the park), baby food, fruits, and vegetables. Any specific food for health or dietary reasons on an individual size is permitted, subject to approval at the entrance by park security. The following items are NOT allowed: coolers or large bags of any kind, any food purchased from outside locations, and any beverage that is already open at time of entrance into the park.
15. My family and I want to go on a Saturday night but I’m scheduled to work the next Sunday. Can I change my schedule or call in sick? Our priority remains taking care of our members and being available for patients. If you are scheduled to work on Sunday, March 6 or 13, please do not change your schedule or call in sick. As always, it is important that we maintain access and our levels of service to our members, even while having fun together and celebrating KPSC.
16. None of the dates work for me — will there be other options? Depending on interest for the first two event dates, we may add Friday, March 11. But it will depend entirely on ticket sales. Once we reach capacity for March 5 and 12 we may add the Friday night.
17. My best friend wants to attend — where can he buy the tickets? Tickets can only be purchased by using the SCPMG Physician or portals, InsideKP@Southern California or by phone to a dedicated line for KPSC (888-584-7715). You will be asked to provide information that confirms you are a KPSC physician, employee, or retiree. So, you can purchase the tickets for your best friend (and other friends and family members). Please do not share the phone number with anyone outside of KP.
18. Can I re-sell my ticket(s)? Can I exchange my ticket for another private event night? In most situations, no. All sales are final and there are no exchanges or refunds. But if you have extenuating circumstances, call 888-584-7715 to discuss possible options with Universal Studios. You cannot exchange your KP Private Event tickets for another, non-KPSC event under any circumstance.
19. Can I wear Thrive attire? Absolutely — show your KP pride and thrive it up!
If you have questions, call the dedicated Universal Studios Hollywood line at 888-584-7715.